This Helium Hotspot is compatible with EU Radio Frequencies only. US Hotspots will not work in Europe.
- Efficient miner for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT).
- Complete set up in minutes using a smartphone.
- LongFi technology maximizes range and battery life without Wi-Fi, cellular or Bluetooth.
- Low Power – only uses about the same amount as an LED light bulb (5W).
- Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app.
Helium LongFi is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi is optimized for miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices.
Hotspots earn Helium when devices connect and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, Hotspots earn more Helium when they are in range of other Hotspots, but need to be at least 300 meters apart.
Range depends on the environment, for rural areas up to 16 kilometers or more, but for more dense areas up to 1.5 kilometers. Single Hotspots earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
Cover your city in kilometers of wireless coverage
DELIVER MANY SQUARE KILOMETERS COVERAGE FROM A SINGLE HOTSPOT
Based on initial testing, only about 50 to 100 Hotspots are needed to provide complete coverage for an entire city.
CREATE A NEW GLOBAL NETWORK FOR BILLIONS OF DEVICES
Any IoT device can become Helium-enabled using readily available off-the-shelf hardware components, software, and a reference design that is open source for anyone to improve on.